As the racing season is coming to an end for many racers keep in mind that proper long term storage of your race engines is very important. If the engine is going to be stored for many months the following procedures are important to protect your engine from corrosion and damage.
1) Drain all fuel from fuel tank, fuel lines and carburetor bowl.
2) Remove spark plug and pour about a teaspoon of oil into spark plug hole.
3) Reinstall the spark plug and rotate engine a few revolutions to distribute oil onto cylinder wall.
4) Hand rotate engine until piston is located at exactly top dead center on the compression stroke. ( very important! )
5) If the header and air filter are removed cover these holes with tape or a cap.
6) This is very important, store engine in a dry warm location.
Questions? Call me on my cell at 419-217-3881